Crostini with creamy ricotta, robust walnut pesto, all topped off with sweet dates and silky honey.
We’re getting snow today. It’s bittersweet when we get snow around here. It’s so pretty to look at, but if you have to be in it during rush hour traffic you probably hate snow. I’ve had my days of sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for 3 hours trying to get home while it’s snowing. Ugh!
On to better things.
Like this crostini. This little appetizer would be perfect for the upcoming celebrations you’re having.
It’s topped with ricotta, walnut rosemary pesto, dates and honey.
I love it. Plus I have a hearty rosemary bush growing in my yard. The aroma it gives off is amazing, especially this time of year.
Anyway, this crostini is simple to whip up and…I’m pretty sure you’ll like it.
It’s as simple as whirling the pesto in the food processor, slathering the bread with ricotta and topping with the sweet dates and honey.
By the way, the pesto gets even better after it has sat around for a while.
I made about 1/2 cup of pesto, but you can easily increase the amounts to suit your needs.
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon rosemary chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive
- 1 small baguette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for toasting the bread
- Ricotta Cheese
- Slice the bread into ½ inch slices and line them on a baking sheet.
- Paint them with some olive oil and toast at 350 for about 7 minutes or until they start to brown. Set aside.
- To the bowl of your food processor add the walnuts and the next 4 ingredients. Turn the processor on and drizzle the olive oil in while the machine is running. Then pulse until it’s combined and spreadable.
- Slather the ricotta onto the toasted bread slices.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon pesto on top of the ricotta.
- Add chopped dates and drizzle with honey.
- Lamb Dumplings in Garlic Yogurt Sauce – Shish Barak
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup