While you’re busy baking, shopping for gifts, going to office parties and whatever else, you probably find yourself eating on the run more than you like. Healthy eating goes by the wayside when we’re this busy. You find yourself loaded down with cookies, cakes and all kinds of other confections and there are still several more days of these goings on.
I’m here to tell you it’s time slow down and have some soup.
And it’s pretty quick to pull together.
So slow down, relax and enjoy this. You’ll be glad you did.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets roasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for drizzling the cauliflower
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped (cremini or white button)
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for sautéing
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- ~~~Roast Cauliflower~~~
- Preheat oven to 499 degrees
- Line a rimmed baking pan with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Remove the stem from 1 small head cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into pieces leaving some of the florets in tact
- Drop the cauliflower in a bowl large enough so that you can mix it with oil
- Drizzle some olive oil on the cauliflower and with your hands mix it all together until the cauliflower is coated with oil. You want a light coating only
- Spread this out onto the baking sheet
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until it starts to brown
- Remove from the oven and set aside
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium saucepan
- Saute the chopped onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, carrots and garlic for about 8 minutes. Be careful not to let the garlic burn. Keep it sitting on top of the vegetables while cooking
- Add the salt and pepper and sauté a couple more minutes
- Add the cauliflower and the chicken stock
- Bring all to a boil. Carefully (don't burn your tongue) taste the liquid and add salt if needed
- Turn the burner down to simmer and let it simmer for 15 minutes
Don’t miss out. Subscribe via email to receive an update when a new recipe is posted. You can also follow me via RSS, on Facebook, Twitter or Bloglovin.
- Ricotta Walnut Pesto Date Crostini
- Chocolate Dipped Pistachio Nuggets