These Skillet Rosemary Chicken Thighs are infused with rosemary and sage. Serve with pasta or rice and salad to complete the meal.
While you’re planning menus, cleaning the house, shopping etc. everything else doesn’t just stop does it? You still have to provide food for those depending on you. And you need something quick and easy, don’t you?
Well, these skillet rosemary chicken thighs will help. Just the help you need while you’re busy preparing for Thanksgiving.
We do a lot of running around in preparation for the biggest feasting day of the year, don’t we?
This scenarios comes to my mind – The table is set beautifully, everything matches. The food is perfectly cooked and your guests bring fabulous side dishes to share. The whole family is hungry and ready to enjoy the delectables at the table. Everyone sits down to eat around a warm family conversation and before you know it, the food is gone! Never to be seen again. Then we tap on our tummies grumble something about eating too much and ask, where’s dessert? And you forget about how stressed out you were trying to make everything just perfect.
We have so much to be thankful for.
Make enough today for leftovers and have them for lunch tomorrow.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 minced green onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ cup chicken stock or white wine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl whisk together 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and the next 5 ingredients. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- On medium heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and brown on both sides. About 4 minutes per side.
- Add the rosemary mixture to the skillet and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil.
- Turn the heat to medium-high, add the butter to the remaining sauce in the pan and stir until the butter is melted.
- Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Squash Fritters A New Thanksgiving Side
- Nutmeg Cardamom Meltaways